- Category: Upcoming Events
- Published: Tuesday, 02 August 2016 18:40
- Hits: 1190
Save the Date!
Program and Registration are available at:
ABSA International, the managing partner, is proud to announce the USDA ARS 4th International Biosafety & Biocontainment Symposium, being held February 6-9, 2017, in Baltimore, Maryland. The focus of the symposium will be Global Biorisk Challenges-Agriculture and Beyond. Seven pre-symposium courses will address topics including biocontainment challenges, validation and inactivation, and institutional governance. Courses will be held on Monday, February 6. There will be 2 1/2 days of scientific presentations covering various topics including; risk assessment, arthropods, biorisk management, laboratory assessment, and many others. The poster and networking reception will be held on Wednesday, February 8, attendees will have the opportunity to meet with presenters and discuss their presentations. Exhibits showcasing the latest biosafety and biocontainment products and services will be open February 7-8. For more information on the program and exhibits go to http://arssymposium.absa.org
- Biorisk Management Challenges in a One Health World
- High Pathogen Avian Influenza
- Laboratory Assessment Programs and Tools
- Risk Assessment
- Keith Hamilton, BVSc, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
- Jonathan Zack, DVM, USDA APHIS, Riverdale, MD
- Joseph Kanabrocki, PhD, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Rocco Casagrande, PhD, Gryphon Scientific, Takoma Park MD 20912
In addition to the valuable courses and sessions, you will have the opportunity to network with professionals from the biosafety and scientific research industries, organizations, and agencies from around the world!
More information including exhibitors and sponsor information can be found here http://arssymposium.absa.org
- Category: Upcoming Events
- Published: Thursday, 21 July 2016 05:54
- Hits: 1029
IV Biosafety and Biosecurity
September 26, 2016- Rosario. Santa Fe, ARGENTINA
At the 2016 Latin-American and
Argentinean Microbiology Congress
- Biosafety and Biosecurity in Latin America: the role of the PAHO. Jean- Marc Gabastou. PAHO.
- Principles of Biocontainment. Luis Linares. Merrick & Company. Latin
- Transportation of biological samples. Germán Canda. DGM-Argentina. Biosafety and
- Biosecurity Initiatives from the International Federation of Biosafety Associations (IFBA). Maureen Ellis, IFBA. Canada.
- Safe management of genetically modified organisms. Esmeralda Prat. European Biosafety Association (EBSA); Magadalena Sosa Beláustegui, Bayer –CONABIA; Patricia Miranda, Instituto de Agrobiotecnología Rosario (INDEAR).
- Risk management in the Laboratory. Leonora Nusblat, Subcommittee on Biosafety and Biosecurity, Argentinean Association of Microbiology (AAM); Analía Purita, Argentinean Institute for Normalization and Certification (IRAM); Edgar Sevilla Reyes, Mexican Biosafety Association (AMEXBIO); Leila dos Santos Macedo, Brazilian Biosafety Association (ANBIO).
For more information: