- Nominees are selected on their uniqueness, the specific accomplishments he or she has achieved that are truly remarkable, and the impact their work has had on others.
- Preference is given to individuals who
- operate in an environment where biosafety funds are limited, and/or where the importance of biosafety is not fully appreciated.
- have not yet been recognized with other biosafety awards.
- Nominations are welcome for people at all stages in their careers.
- Nominations can be made by anyone. They should be emailed to the International Federation of Biosafety Associations: email@example.com
- The deadline for nominations for the 2021 awards is December 20, 2021.
- Nominations are welcome at any time. Once received they will be considered for at least one year.
- Winners are chosen by a selection committee based on the criteria outlined above.
Biosafety Heroes Working Group members:
• Michael Weaver, United States (chair)
• Viji Vijayan, Singapore
• Lela Bakanidze, Georgia
• Abiodun Denloye, Nigeria
• Tatyana Novossiolova, Bulgaria
• Helen Leonard, Australia
• Richa Sood, India
• Mohammad Dwairi, Jordan
• Plebeian Medina, Philippines