IFBA Global Mentorship Program
See the New Mentorship Flyer here
The IFBA Global Mentorship Program is a worldwide initiative to support and sustain the international biosafety and biosecurity community. Mentor and Mentee pairs are matched based on region and professional discipline to encourage locally relevant professional guidance in any and all IFBA Professional Certification domains, including:
• Biorisk Management
• Biological Waste Management
• Biocontainment Facility Design, Operations, and Maintenance
• Biosafety Cabinet Selection, Installation, and Safe Use
Mentor and Mentee pairs are brought together to discuss regional and global issues and opportunities pertaining to biosafety, biosecurity, and biorisk management. Mentees will receive guidance in obtaining IFBA Professional Certifications and other career developing skills, and mentors may put their experience towards renewing their existing IFBA Professional Certifications!
The IFBA Secretariat is currently accepting IFBA Global Mentors and IFBA Global Mentees for the 2020-2021 Program Cycle. Before applying, please review the application criteria below:
IFBA Global Mentees should:
• Have, or intend to obtain, their IFBA Biorisk Management Professional Certification
• Participate in education or professional experience in applications of biosafety, biosecurity, and/or biorisk management
• Have not previously participated in the IFBA Global Mentorship Program as an IFBA Global Mentee
To apply, Mentees should fill out the form linked below, including a recent copy of their CV/resume, as well as have a letter of reference sent by their referee to Stephanie Norlock, IFBA Program Officer at email@example.com. Examples of referees include employers, academic supervisors, etc.
IFBA Global Mentors should:
• Have at least two (2) valid IFBA Professional Certifications, including Biorisk Management
• Have engaged in at least 3-5 years of professional practice related to the fields of biosafety, biosecurity, and/or biorisk management
To apply, Mentors should fill out the form linked below, including a recent copy of their CV/resume, as well as have two letters of reference sent by their referees to Stephanie Norlock, IFBA Program Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference letters should reflect candidate’s abilities in interpersonal skills and leadership abilities. Examples of referees include employers, academic supervisors, etc.
The deadline to apply for the IFBA Global Mentorship Program is June 5th, 2020. Please note that the IFBA is not able to accept late or incomplete applications.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the IFBA Global Mentorship Program, including the application process, please contact Stephanie Norlock, IFBA Program Officer at email@example.com