IFBA’s Biosafety Heroes are exceptional and inspiring individuals honored by the global biosafety community as having made a difference for the better. Biosafety Heroes serve as role models, showing others that each individual is important and can contribute to the global fight against infectious diseases.
- Nominees are selected on their uniqueness, the specific accomplishments they have achieved that are truly remarkable, and the impact their work has had on others.
- Preference is given to individuals who
- operate in an environment where biosafety/biosecurity funds are limited, and/or where the importance of biosafety and biosecurity is not fully appreciated.
- have not yet been recognized with other biosafety or biosecurity awards.
- Nominations are welcome for people at all stages in their careers.