IFBA’s Biosafety Heroes are exceptional and inspiring individuals honored by the global biosafety community as having made a difference for the better. Biosafety Heroes serve as role models, showing others that each individual is important and can contribute to the global fight against infectious diseases.
- Nominees are selected on their uniqueness, the specific accomplishments they have achieved that are truly remarkable, and the impact their work has had on others.
- Preference is given to individuals who
- operate in an environment where biosafety/biosecurity funds are limited, and/or where the importance of biosafety and biosecurity is not fully appreciated.
- have not yet been recognized with other biosafety or biosecurity awards.
- Nominations are welcome for people at all stages in their careers.
Click here to learn more about the program and to download the nomination form. Email your nomination to IFBA at email@example.com before the December 20, 2022 deadline.