Become a Member
We invite all national and regional Biosafety Associations with a mandate in biosafety, biosecurity and biorisk management to join us. Together, we can really make a difference.
– Network with other Regional and National Biosafety Associations and biosafety professionals worldwide;
– Represent and advocate for national and regional biosafety issues and priorities at key international meetings;
– Be involved in IFBA’s collective power for shaping international decision-making, standards and guidelines to strengthen global biosafety and biosecurity;
– Add to the expertise in IFBA’s platforms for contributing to scientific issues in biosafety and risk-based biocontainment;
– Receive latest information through IFBA communications and newsletters; and,
– Participate in IFBA member meetings and vote on all matters requiring a decision by the membership.
Application for Member Status
An Application for IFBA membership must be submitted by the petitioning organization to the IFBA Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) and signed by the President/Chair of the organization. The organization must also submit a copy of their Constitution/By-Laws, goals and objectives, membership, committee structure and other governing documents. Applications will be reviewed by the IFBA Secretariat and forwarded to the IFBA Members for approval. New members shall be admitted upon resolution of two-thirds of the IFBA members.
Download a copy of the IFBA Membership Application form here
Application for Observer Status
The IFBA provides an opportunity for like-minded international agencies, academia, governments, NGOs and professional associations to join the IFBA as an Observer organization. Observer organizations possess an interest on issues of biosafety, biosecurity and biorisk management but are not formally organized as a national or regional biosafety association.
Download a copy of the IFBA Observer Status Application form here