The main Goals of the Hellenic Biosafety Society
- Promote the study of all Biosafety principles and practices with the aim of minimizing any risk to the citizens, the professionals and the environment caused by the management, processing, analysis, creation, storage and transport of biological agents and materials
- Recognize Biosafety as a distinct scientific professional path, through education and research
- Inform and promote the knowledge about Biosafety to the general public and to the government, with the goal to raise the awareness.
- Design and implement standards, guidelines and best practices of Biosafety, in line with national and international guidelines and requirements, based on the risk assessment.
- Raise awareness of Biosafety professionals by promoting Biosafety and Bioethics principles and practices, especially to those who are dealing with hazardous materials and to reduce the probability of occupational diseases and adverse environmental impacts
Members of the Society may be scientists and health professionals, who have been involved or have shown interest in Biosafety and Biosecurity such as: Medical Doctors, Medical Laboratory Technologists and Scientists, Nurses, Biologists, Biochemists and other Health Scientists, Veterinarians, Agronomists, Lawyers, Engineers and Architects.
The first provisional Board of Directors:
President: Vogiatzakis Evangelos
Vice-President: Antonakos Georgios
General Secretary: Vourtsis Dionysios
Special Secretary: Tryphinopoulou Kyriaki
Treasurer: Karabela Simona
Member: Papa – Konidari Anna
Member: Genitsis Savva