“Engage to Win” at IFBA’s Virtual Biosafety Conference
The International Federation of Biosafety Associations (IFBA) is pleased to invite you to participate in our biosafety and biosecurity conference “A Vision of Tomorrow” to be held virtually from November 1-3, 2021.
The conference will bring together a multisectoral global network of leaders, policy makers, biosafety & biosecurity professionals, and front-line laboratory scientists to share their insights and experience. Together, we will examine the future vision of the World Health Organization’s risk-based approaches, bridging the implementation gap between policymakers and front-line professionals, region-to-region collaboration, and a strengthened biosafety profession, grounded in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Join us for this dynamic and engaging event, interact and connect with colleagues from around the world, and be part of the ideas and innovations that will define biosafety and biosecurity in the years to come.
Preliminary Conference Program
Click here for a copy of the preliminary conference program.
Call for Abstracts – Oral and Poster Presentations
The International Federation of Biosafety Associations is now inviting abstract submissions to be considered for presentation at the IFBA’s virtual biosafety and biosecurity conference “A Vision of Tomorrow”, November 1-3, 2021. All abstract submissions must be submitted through the online submission platform no later than September 10th. Select one of the following 5 conference thematic areas during the online submission process:
- Theme A – Risk-Based Biosafety & Biosecurity Practices & Facilities
- Theme B – Engaging Policy-Makers with Frontline Professionals
- Theme C – Human Factors in Biosafety and Biosecurity
- Theme D – COVID-19 Lessons Learned & New Biosafety Approaches
- Theme E – Certification & Advancement of the Biosafety Profession
Authors may choose to present either an oral pre-recorded presentation, or a poster presentation. Please note that all authors must be present online during the day and time of their conference session. Authors must also be present during the conference closing ceremony when the IFBA will be recognizing the best poster presentation with an award.
Abstract Submission Guidelines:
- Complete the online abstract submission form at the following link: IFBA Conference Call for Abstracts Submission Form
- Select only one presentation theme which most closely describes your presentation
- Select either an oral pre-recorded presentation or poster presentation
- Enter all authors’ names with respective affiliations/organization and email addresses
- If applicable, include the name of your IFBA Member Biosafety Association and/or IFBA Professional Certification
- Abstract submissions must be entered with an abstract title of no more than 50 words, and abstract text of no more than 400 words (ensure that you use plain text formatting when filling out the abstract form’s text boxes with no special characters or symbols)
- Enter a short biography of no more than 150 words
- Click on the “submit” button
All abstract submissions will be peer-reviewed by the IFBA’s Conference Planning Committee and primary authors will be notified of their acceptance/rejection. Detailed instructions on how to prepare your oral and poster presentations will be made available at that time. Should you have questions in submitting an abstract please contact Stephanie Norlock, IFBA Program Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Registration is now open for the IFBA’s virtual Biosafety Conference “A Vision of Tomorrow”, to be held from November 1-3, 2021. Join us for this dynamic and engaging event, interact and connect with colleagues from around the world.
Conference Registration Fees
The IFBA’s conference registration fees have been adjusted to reflect the virtual environment and enable accessibility for our diverse global biosafety community. In keeping with our commitment to our members, individuals who belong to an IFBA Member Biosafety Association can register at the discounted rate. In addition, the IFBA will also be offering grants for complementary registration to selected individuals from low- and middle-income countries who do not have sufficient funds to cover the cost of registration.
To obtain your reduced-price voucher as a Member Biosafety Association, please contact the IFBA Secretariat at email@example.com
To apply for a grant for complementary voucher, please complete your application form at the following link: IFBA Conference Complimentary Registration Grant Application Form
|IFBA Member Biosafety Association
||$80.00 – Reduced Price Voucher
|Grant for Low-Middle-Income Countries